Does Carrot Cake Have Nuts? In this post, I’ll be showing you if indeed Carrot cake contains peanuts or not.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. This helps keep the content on this site free.
A bit about Carrot Cake
Do you know carrot cake is also known as Passion Cake?.
Carrot cake is said to have originated from France and Switzerland, most people tend to make the cake around Easter. The major recipe of carrot cake is the carrot because what’s a carrot cake without the carrot.
The highlight of my carrot is the frosting, spices and fruits, the most common frosting is the cream cheese frosting which is my favorite. You can also add spices like ground cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg for a warm and cozy flavor in your cake. Pineapple, raisins and shredded coconut adds natural sweetness to your cake.
ALSO READ: Do Macarons Have Nuts? Find Out Here
DOES CARROT CAKE HAVE NUTS
Yes, most carrot cake contains nut like Pecan, walnuts and almond but it’s optional to bake your cakes without nuts. There are other ingredients that can substitute for nuts in your cake like toasted seed e.g. sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds. They give the same crunchiness and flavor like nuts.
BEST RECIPE FOR CARROT CAKE WITHOUT NUTS
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 and half teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup veg oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 granulated sugar
- 1/2 unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups grated carrots
INGREDIENT FOR CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
ALSO READ: Does Butter Chicken Have Nuts? Find Out Here
- Preheat your oven to 350⁰C
- Whisk the flour baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt together until well combined.
- In a separate bowl whisk the oil, eggs, brown sugar, granulated sugar, applesauce and vanilla extract together until well combined. Add your grated carrots and stir until well combined.
- Pour your wet ingredients into your dry ingredients and mix with a rubber spatula until it’s well combined.
- Pour the batter into prepared cake pan. Bake in the pre heated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
For Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Beat your butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar,
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract until smooth and creamy.
How can I store my carrot cake?
For your unfrosted cake, it can remain at room temperature for 2-3 days but it’s advisable to store in a fridge after that time. For frosted cake, you need to store it in a fridge from day 1.Either ways it’s preferably to consume within 5 days.
In summary, Carrot Cake can contain nuts, depending on the recipe used. We recommend that you try to ask about the ingredients used before eating or try to make it yourself and use the right flour substitution if you are allergic to nuts. Do not add nuts to the filling to avoid complications.
If you enjoyed reading this article, please copy the post link & share it on WhatsApp and Telegram groups.