Have you been part of a food challenge and you were asked to list Foods That Start With E? We’re you able to? According to Northern Raised, here is a listing containing the foods including those you may not have heard of or tried out before. Relax and keep reading.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. This helps keep the content on this site free.
In this post, we would not only discuss the foods, but we will also look at the benefits of these foods. This will help to make you aware of their nutritional benefits to your body and just love them.
Foods That Start With E
They are but are not limited to:
- Easter Eggs
- Easter Ham
- Edam Cheese
- Egg Casserole
- Egg Noodles
- Eggplant Parmesan
- Elbow Macaroni
#1. Easter Eggs are foods that start with E
Easter eggs are also called Pascal eggs. They are boiled and decorated for Easter, a Christian feast that celebrates the resurrection of Jesus Christ. The eggs are decorated with dyes or paints. This food is enjoyed during this season.
- Eggs are a high-quality protein source and they contain several essential nutrients.
- They contain these antioxidants- lutein and zeaxanthin, which are very important for your eye health and can prevent cataracts and macular degeneration.
#2. Easter Ham- Foods That Start With E
“Ham” refers to the cut of meat. It comes from the back thigh or rump of a pig. The ham is glazed with something sweet like honey glaze and then roasted. The food is tasty and could serve as an Easter dinner. It is usually prepared during Easter, a Christian feast that celebrates the resurrection of Jesus.
- Ham is a good source of protein, and it is low in calories when eaten alone.
- This meat contains zinc, phosphorus, and potassium which help your body fight against infections, maintain good heart health, and produce energy.
- It also contains nine essential amino acids and they help play a role in gene expression, metabolism, and cell communication.
#3. Éclair- Foods That Start With E
Éclair is a French dessert made with choux dough filled with cream(custard, whipped cream, pastry cream) and topped with flavored icing. Other fillings that can be used in this pastry are fruit-flavored, pistachio and rum-flavored custard, chestnut purée, etc. It has an oblong shape and it is very delicious. The name of this food is a French word meaning “flash of lightning” as in, this food is eaten quickly in a flash.
- This food helps to strengthen your skin health.
- It helps your dental health.
- It reduces your risk of stress, hypertension, cancer, especially colon cancer, etc.
#4. Edam Cheese
Edam cheese is a semi-hard cheese that has its origin in the Netherlands. It is named after the town of Edam, which is in the province of North Holland. It is sold in large spheres that are flat on each side. It has a mild and nutty flavor with a nice creamy texture. It can be paired with fruits like apricots, cherries, and peaches.
- It is a good source of protein that can help to control your mood, appetite, and sleeping pattern.
- It is also a good source of energy.
- It contains potassium which can help to regulate muscle contraction and maintain a healthy nerve.
#5 Egg Casserole
Egg Casserole is an easy to make healthy breakfast. It consists of eggs and other ingredients like veggies, cheese, spices, and bacon. It is a baked dish and you can add other ingredients like milk, potatoes, bell peppers, etc. It comes with protein and other nutrients. And can serve for breakfast.
- This meal contains lots of nutrients.
- The eggs are also excellent in improving your eye health, liver health, and brain function.
#6. Egg Noodles
Egg noodles are noodles prepared with flour and eggs. It is quite a popular recipe in Asian cuisine and it is also a dish known around the world. It can be topped with butter, cream sauce, or beef stroganoff. These noodles are thicker than some noodles. In Turkey, egg noodles are called the kesme, in Jewish cuisine, they are called lochshen. While German egg noodles are called spätzle.
RELATED: Delicious Fruits That Start With R
- It contains B vitamins like thiamine, folate, niacin, and riboflavin, which help in DNA repair, energy production, and brain health.
- It also contains antioxidants that protect against cell damage and oxidative stress.
- This food is high in selenium which plays a key role in immune function.
#7. Eggplant Parmesan
Eggplant Parmesan is an Italian dish that is made with slices of eggplant, flour, breadcrumbs, and mozzarella cheese, or any other suitable cheese. Other ingredients like herbs, tomato sauce, egg, etc can be added to this meal. Eggplant parmesan meal can either be baked or fried. Baking makes use of less oil and it is slightly lighter and healthier. It is most times served with spaghetti.
- Eggplants are high in antioxidants and essential nutrients.
- Eggplants are also high in fiber but low in calories which help to promote weight loss.
- It helps to reduce your risk of cancer and heart disease.
#8. Elbow Macaroni
Elbow Macaroni is a very popular tube pasta. This macaroni’s shape is short and semicircular, that is it is a bit bent in the middle and forms an “elbow”. This food is made with durum wheat. It is used to prepare many dishes including salads, casseroles, etc. In the United States, macaroni is traditionally used in preparing macaroni and cheese. Elbow macaroni is found in most American grocery stores.
- Elbow macaroni contains nutrients that help to balance levels of blood sugar within the bloodstream.
- It also contains fiber which is good for the effective functioning of your stomach’s digestive fluids.
#9. Enchiladas- Foods That Start With E
Enchiladas is a Mexican dish with corn tortillas rolled up with a filling and covered with a delicious sauce. It can be filled with vegetables, cheese, beans, potatoes, chicken, beef, shrimp, or a combination of any ingredient. This food is typically baked before serving.
- Enchiladas are packed with vitamins and minerals.
- It contains copper which helps your body to produce energy in cells and develop connective tissue.
- It is also a good source of calcium which helps in building and maintaining healthy bones.
Foods That Start With E: Conclusion
In a nutshell, the foods that start with E are very nutritious. They are packed with several essential nutrients and can be used in different seasons or celebrations.